On Monday, December 7, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the BC Government have released the following information:
“By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), all events and social gatherings are suspended to significantly reduce COVID-19 transmission related to social interactions and travel. The order is in effect from November 19, 2020 at midnight to January 8, 2021 at midnight.”
This is an extension of the previous orders released verbally on November 7, 2020 for the lower mainland, and then province-wide on November 19, 2020. This order affects the Point Grey, Robson Square, Okanagan campuses and off-campus UBC sites within British Columbia.
A reminder to Supervisors & Managers: Please ensure employees are completing their daily self-assessments for symptoms of COVID-19 before attending work:
- Completing a daily self-assessment for symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to campus is one of the COVID-19 Campus Rules. For more information relating to self-assessments, visit the SRS website.
- B.C. Government’s Response to COVID-19 – Information about Current Orders, News & Government Information
- Province-wide Restrictions – Information about the current Public Health Orders in effect
- Orders of the Provincial Health Officer – an update to the Gathering & Events Order
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and UBC’s response – Latest updates, health guidance, FAQs for students, staff & faculty, resources and information on Reoccupancy planning.