- Fitting in Movement Oct 27 or Nov 26, 2020 (12pm-1pm) Enrolment Required
- UBC Safety Courses
- Home Office Ergo Webinar
- Linkedin Learning (use the search tool to find sessions on Safety, Mental Health or Working Remotely)
- Due Diligence for Employers
- OHS Program Requirements
- Safety Connect Virtual Conference
- Make it Safe – Virtual OHS Conference + Trade Show (Cost $45.50-$135)
What is UBC Safety Day?
Safety Day is a one-day educational and recognition event that celebrates Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) and Local Safety Team (LST) members from across the university.
Why attend Safety Day?
- Engaging speakers carefully selected to provide you with useful tools to practice health & safety in the workplace and beyond
- Meet and learn from UBC and other partners involved in supporting health & safety
- Network with 300+ UBC safety committees members just like you
- Be acknowledged for your commitment to safety at UBC
- Great prizes and awards
- Great food including catered breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch
This event can be used towards a Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee’s 8 hours of educational leave. If you’re a committee member, you really don’t want to miss out.
When is the next Safety Day?
Safety Day will be held on Tuesday October 6, 2020 from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm in the Great Hall which is located on the 2nd floor of the AMS Student Nest.
Not sure you want to attend? Here’s what your peers have to say:
- “Safety Day was a great opportunity to network with colleagues, learn new skills, and feel recognized for the work we do in this area. I would attend again in a second!”
- “Safety Day introduces me to many safety-related departments at UBC that I was not aware of previously and all the talks have increased my knowledge regarding safety.”
- “A fantastic event that help me improve the safety in both my work and personal lives!”
- “Fun, chill, inclusive, engaging, delicious–best-disguised safety training ever!”
See more from UBC Safety Day 2019
How do I register for Safety Day?
Safety Day 2020 has been cancelled in response to the current state of emergency surrounding COVID-19 infection control.