Tools and templates to help you run your Local Health & Safety Team (LST):
LST Agenda Template
The LST Agenda Templates provides a general overview of items to discuss at meetings.
LST Minutes Template
The LST Minutes template provides a consistent approach to documenting discussions that occur during LST meetings.
LST General Inspection & Report Template
The General Inspection & Report Template will assist LSTs in carrying out their inspection. This inspection checklist is categorized by areas. The General Inspection & Report Document can be used by:
- Downloading & printing the entire General Inspection & Report Template (WORD).
- Downloading & printing the General Inspection – Mandatory Sections (WORD) plus any additional sections as they apply to your work areas (see below).
Select the additional sections to download & print based on the area you are inspecting
- Sec D – Offices & Open Workstations (WORD)
- Sec E – Classrooms & Lecture Halls (WORD)
- Sec F – Shops &/or Workshops – Including Tools & Equipment (WORD)
- Sec G – Tools & Equipment – Areas Other than Shops &/or Workshops (WORD)
- Sec H – Storage Areas &/or Shipping & Receiving Areas (WORD)
- Sec I – Ladders (WORD)
- Sec J – Mobile Equipment (WORD)
- Sec K – Motorized Vehicles (WORD)
- Sec L – Safe Work Procedures for High Risk Work – Required by Regulation (WORD)
- Sec M – Laboratories (WORD)
- Sec N – Clinics (WORD)
The LST General Inspection & Report is just one of several inspections that occur in the workplace. Workplace Inspections are a proactive means of preventing the development of unsafe conditions in the workplace. There are many different types of inspections which are performed by different groups. For more information see the Workplace Inspections section of the Safety & Risk Services web page.
LST Terms of Reference Template
Safety Committee Communication Template
The Safety Committee Communication Template give committees a brief, customizable report outline that can be populated and sent between the LST and JOHSC.